«Heavy Iran 2016»
The 1st International Conference «Heavy Iran 2016», April 27-28, «NOVOTEL», Tehran, Iran.
Sponsors & Support
«Heavy Iran 2016»
On April 27,2016,the 1st International Conference “Heavy Iran 2016” successfully took place. It was attended by more than 60 delegates from Iran, Iraq, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, UAE, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Turkey. The Conference was sponsored by Russian “Volgo-Dnepr” and Italian “Cometto”.
As known, international isolation of Iran drastically restrained development of the entire economy of the country, including machine-building, shipping, chemical industry, resulting in high level of inflation and unemployment. However, in the nearest future, all sanctions against Iran may be lifted and around $150 billion will be released from blocked bank accounts. The country will face a real investment boom, and not only in the oil and gas sector. Unfrozen assets will be used to modernize the economy, as continuous blocking of investments has led to lack in technology. Just so, the average oil recovery factor in oilfields of Iran is one of the world’s lowest. Nevertheless, 67 petrochemical projects are currently under implementation in Iran, including construction of Persian Gulf Star Refinery with the capacity of 360 thousand barrels per day. It is expected that by 2020 Iran will take 41% of the petrochemical market of the entire Western Asia (Near and Middle East).
Need for modernization of industry will entail considerable volume of project cargoes. In the next few years, Iran may become a leader in consumption of services in the field of oversize and heavy loads transportation and installation among the Persian Gulf countries.
This very factor attracted representatives of the leading European, Russian and regional companies to the Conference, including: BBC Chartering, ALE, Port of Rotterdam,Schenker, Volga-Dnepr Airlines, SNS INTERNATIONAL, BATI NAKLIYAT VE TICARET A.S. b and others. It is particularly worth mentioning major interest in the Conference from Iranian transport companies, which shared their experience in moving project cargoes over the territory of Iran.
Thus, head of“South Port services Co, Ltd.”Mr.A.M.Yektatold about the project of combined delivery of reactor for the oil refinery in BandarAbbas. The speech highlighted transporting the 700-ton load, sized 46m x 8m. The cargo followed from the Malaysian port of Kuantan to Bandar Abbas. This is the heaviest item that has been unloaded in Iran by a Ro-Ro method.
In his turn, Leon Aharonian, Director of “Sati Int'l Transport & Travel Co.”expanded onpractice of delivering heavy and oversized cargoes inward the territory of Iran. One of the given examples - transportation of the 375-ton turbine from the port of Bandar Abbas to the power station in Arak (distance of 1530km).
Specific topic was touched upon by representatives of Russian airlines. Just so, of particular interest to the attendees was the speech given by Volga-Dnepr Airlines –“Particulars of Heavy Equipment Air Transportation in the Oil and Gas Sector”. The topic was followed up by EvgenyRozhkov (AviaconZitotrans) telling about possibility of carrying project cargoesby IL-76 aircraft.
Next day, an exciting guided tour of Tehran was organized for the foreign participants of the Conference, including visits to Grand Bazaar, Shah’s Palace, walls of the former US Embassy, gift shops and lunch in an antique national cuisine restaurant.
We plan to make this event an annual occasion and invite to participate in the Conference “Heavy Iran 2017” to be held on April 28. We will extend the range of participants and invite Iranian engineering, oil and gas companies to the Conference. At least 30 Iranian transport companies, willing to find the partners among their foreign colleagues, are also expected to attend this event.
Iran is waiting for you!
Agenda of the Conference «Heavy Iran 2016»
10.00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Registration for the conference
11.00 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
Opening of the Conference. Welcome speech - Ministry of Roads & Urban Development
11:10 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Speech: Transport Infrastructure of Iran
- Current status and outlook for development of Iran's highway and railway network will be assessed in this speech.
11:40 a.m. – 12:10 a.m.
Speech: Combined Delivery of the Reactor for Refinery in Bandar Abbas
Shapour Yekta, CEO «South Port services Co, Ltd.»
- The speech considers the project of reactor transportation (700 tons, 46m x 8m) for the refinery in Bandar Abbas. The cargo traveled from Malaysian port of Kuantan to Bandar Abbas. This is the heaviest item that has been unloaded in Iran by a Ro-Ro method.
12:10 p.m. - 12:40 p.m.
Speech: Heavy equipment airtransportation issues: oil & gas case.
- Vasily Zhukov, Business Development Manager «Volga-Dnepr Airlines»
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch
2:00 p.m. - 2:30
Speech: Practice of Project Freight to Considerable Distances
Representative of Sati Int'l Transport & Travel Co.
- The speech describes practice of delivering heavy and oversized cargoes inward the territory of Iran. One of the examples - transportation of the 375-ton turbine from the port of Bandar Abbas to the power station in Arak (distance of 1530km)
2:30 p.m. - 3:00
Speech: IL76 : Low-Cost Solution for High-Value Cargo
- Evgeny Rozhkov, Commercial Director «Aviacon Zitotrans»
3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. coffee break
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Speech: Legal services in Iran, Post Sanction Challenges and Opportunities in the Transport Sector
- Dr Siamak Goudarzi, CEO of Open Iran Group
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
DISCUSSION: Transportation of Industrial Equipment on the Territory of Iran: How to Choose Optimal Formats and Routes of Transport.
5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Closing of the Conference, short speeches/presentations
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Dinner
- Karim Smaili, Owner’s Representative Middle East
Aviacon Zitotrans (Russia)
- Alberto Pittaluga,General Manager - Iraq
- Saleh Dargahi, Project Engineer
- Vytautas Raciukaitis, Cost Control Manager
Aryamasir International Transport (Iran)
- Evgeny Rozhkov, Commercial Director
- Evelina Peshkova, Head of charter sales
BATI NAKLIYAT VE TICARET A.S. (Turkey)
- Afshin Daryaie, General Manager
BBC Chartering Mideast (UAE)
- Mehmet Caner Aydin, President
- Mehmet Koslu, Project Manager
Benchmark Trading (Russia)
- Denys Bandura, Managing Director
- James Hopton, Chartering Manager
- Evgeny Egupov, General Director
FARASOOBAR INTL FORWARDER & TRANSPORT CO. (Iran)
- Aleksei Chegodaev, Director
- Andreyanova Ekaterina, Specialist of special projects
- Farzad Saffarzadeh, President
- Luxen Arnold, Sales Director
Goldhofer Aktiengesellschaft (Germany)
- TUGBA KUCUKSANDIKCI, Sales & Marketing Manager
Globalink Logistics Group (Kazakhstan)
- Raimund Loechle, Area Sales Manager
- Ildus Bariev, GM, Projects
Iran Dena (Iran)
- Oleg Polustarchenko, director
Iran National Railway Company
Jahan Darya Shipping Co. (Iran)
- Vadim Gordon, Project Manager
Kala Navgan Shargh Co (Iran)
- Hamed Beinaqi, Sales & Marketing Manager
Mahakranan Int. Transport co. (Iran)
- Payman Nabavi Farahmand
- Amir Reza Amir Behboody
MESHKIN CO., LTD. (Iran)
- Farzaneh Adambakan, Managing director
Ministry of Road and Urban Transport
- BABAK DAIE GHAZVINI, CEO and chairman
NG co. (Iran)
- Capt. Mike Vitrishko, ÑEO
Nawinia Rus (Russia)
- Meisam Hosseineh Farahan, project coordinator
Orientrans Tas. A.S (Turkey)
- Rustam Yuldashev, Chairman of BOD
- Oleg Urvan, Head of project department
Orient Logistics (Uzbekistan)
- Vincent Mullot, Operation Manager and Shareholder
Open Iran Group
- Konstantin Melnikov
- Yunusaliev Farhod
- Asadov Sunnat
Payam Assayesh Transportation and Warehousing Stocking Company (Iran)
Pishro Navgan Siraf International Project Forwarding Co. (Iran)
- Siamak Goudarzi, CEO
- Hamed Shamloo, COO
Pishbar int’l Transport co. (Iran)
PIMI Media (Iran)
POLARIS SHIPPING AGENCIES LLC (UAE)
- Mohsen Sharifi, Chairman on Board and CEO
Petrochemical Transportation Engineering Co. (Iran)
- D.B. Christopher, Chartering Manager
Port of Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Mohammad Soufi, Director
- Forough Naderi, Head of Marketing
- Ramtin Hassanzadeh, marine manager
- Robert Jan Timmers, Business Developer Breakbulk
South Port services Co, Ltd. (Iran)
Sati Int'l Transport & Travel Co. (Iran)
Seas Ark S.A. (Iran)
- Andrey Stoliarchuk, Director
Seven Seas Co. (Iran)
- Hossein Mahallatipour, Sales Manager
Schenker Middle East FZE (UAE)
- Siavosh Sangian, Chartering Manager
Star Marine Services Ltd. (Iran)
- Steffen Behrens, Regional Manager
- Stanko Andacic, Manager Global Projects / Oil & Gas
SNS INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORT AND FOREIGN TRADE LTD (Turkey)
- Mehdi Asgari, Managing Director
Tehran Rahvar Int'l Freight Forwarders (Iran)
- Tarkan Tuzmen, Managing Partner
- Charles Donmez, Sales Representative
Terminal Tolyatti (Iran)
- Mahyar Forghani, Managing Director
TRANSIT Ltd. (Russia)
- Aleksandr Suslov, General Director
TIS Group (Russia)
Tin News/Transportation Weekly
Universal Transport (Russia)
- Viacheslav Petrukhin, director
- Valentin Bezdenezhnykh, Business development director
Volga-Dnepr Airlines (Russia)
- Oleg Tolochyok, Director
- Ivantsov Sergey, Deputy Director
- Vasily Zhukov, Business Development Manager
- Gulyayanovskiy Andrey, Head of logistics
Place of holding:
NOVOTEL TEHRAN IMAM KHOMEINI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL
Let Novotel welcome you to Tehran with 5-star hospitality. Opposite to the main terminal of Imam Khomeini International Airport, just a 45-minute drive from central Tehran, our elegant hotel is ideally appointed for the convenience and enjoyment of both business travelers and families. Refuel and refresh with our 24-hour room service, all-day dining in the lobby restaurant, fitness centres and swimming pools, and stay connected from your air-conditioned room with complimentary WiFi.
NOVOTEL TEHRAN AIRPORT: Easy access to Imam Khomeini International Airport via the connected tunnel to the hotel.
Contact the hotel
How to reach Tehran
IranAir and Aeroflot offer regular direct flights from Sheremetyevo, Moscow to Tehran: IranAir has its flights on Tuesdays, Aeroflot - all weekdays, except Monday and Friday. Travel time is about 4 hours. You can also reach Tehran, using the following airlines: Emirates (transfer in Dubai), Turkish Airlines (through Istanbul), Qatar Airways (through Doha), Alitalia (through Rome), Austrian Airlines (through Vienna), Lufthansa (through Frankfurt), Azerbaijan Airlines (through Baku), etc.
There are two airports in Tehran. International flights land in Imam Khomeini International Airport located 35 kilometers away from the city center. You can use taxi to get to the city. The price is fixed, regardless of the Tehran district you need: IRR 250,000 for a regular car, IRR 300,000 for a comfortable Toyota Lumbar and IRR 350,000 for a minivan (which is convenient, if you travel not alone).
When leaving Tehran, start for the airport as early as possible: there is a risk to get stuck in multi-kilometer traffic jams. Moreover, it is recommended to leave at least an hour an a half on customs procedures before departing.